i know what you’re all thinking.
i teach preschool, why would i ever spend THAT much money on a pair of boots?
well, i’ll tell you:
- i’ve literally been thinking about the lowland boots for two years nonstop. i’ve even had more than one dream about them i love them that much.
- i’ve tried on multiple pairs of dupes that looked and felt cheap, but that didn’t necessarily have a cheap price tag. i’m just not going to spend $200 on a cheap pair of boots that i would have to replace in a year. i also considered buying a pair pre owned from poshmark or eBay, but i couldn’t find a pair in decent condition for less than $500, and paying that much for a pair of worn shoes seems crazy to me.
- i follow many MANY bloggers that own these boots, and every one of them says that the stuart weiztman boots last a lifetime. they are truly a timeless investment.
- the specific pair i bought (the trio) are a unique twist on the classic lowland style that seemingly every blogger has. when i saw them marked down 40% on christmas day, i started really considering taking the plunge.
- YOLO and treat yo’self. though a very immature reason, its a good one. my husband and my dear alice both brought up the fact that this is a big purchase no matter the circumstances and that i’m always going to struggle with wanting them versus wanting to drop that kind of cash on them so i might as well just go for it and enjoy the shoes.
- biting the bullet and in investing these boots has helped me really consider every purchase i make and think about my closet as a long term investment, rather than just a place to hold the products of my retail therapy.
i feel like i’ve truly invested in my closet and myself with this beautiful pair of boots (i know that sounds dumb), and i don’t expect anyone to really understand it. however, if you do get it and you’re ever wanting to make a large purchase like this, i will be more than happy to help you pro/con it and search for the best deal 🙂