Fashion Items7FAM adidas asos athleisure aviators booties boots christmas cutoffs denim dolce vita dresses exercise fall fifteen links fitbit forever 21 free people gap golden goose holiday j.crew j.crew factory lace up sandals nike nikes nordstrom nordstrom rack off the shoulder old navy rag & bone rag and bone romper running sales & steals sandals sneakers stripes stuart weiztman sunglasses travel vacation wildfox winter zara
Tag Archives: j.crew
i seriously almost titled this post “am i wearing pants” but decided not to draw attention to the obvious. YES i’m wearing pants guys but isn’t the best part of summer eating all of the ice cream and wearing flowy shirts with shorts?!
this adorable shirt is from this new boutique in brentwood called dress up. guys its SO CUTE. and everything in the store was less than $50. and its less than 50 feet from my work (a small exaggeration but its really close), which is dangerous for me.
this is the j.crew-iest of j.crew outfits i could put together i think. and tip toeing on the side of preppy for me, but i don’t hate it.
this dress is from a few years ago and the BEST. i actually had it in three colors at one point: navy, white, and a neon orangey/pink. i got rid of the neon one in an attempt to pare down my wardrobe (ha!) and i regret it so much. its such an easy dress to dress up or down (or wear as a beach cover up), and its so roomy and comfortable that a kid once asked me if i was pregnant while wearing it.
okay so heres the deal:
on our first day of vacation a few weeks ago, marty went to go play golf and i went to the beach by myself. i thought i had done a decent job spraying my back, but since i was all alone and no one was there to double check, i got burned. burned bad. and i also got the worst tanlines in the history of tanlines because my back burned in a splotchy u-shape and the front of my legs burned but the back of my legs didn’t.
so the moral of the story is don’t go to the beach alone between the hours of 11 and 2 because its impossible to know how well you sprayed your back but you also shouldn’t talk to strangers so just avoid the situation altogether.
printed jeans are so far out of my comfort zone, but i fell in love with these star jeans the second i saw them. i’ve learned that white jeans don’t do anything for me other than excentuate my cellulite, but the subtle print distracts from my flaws. and these jeans are pretty thick for white jeans and aren’t see through which is an added bonus.
also, my hair is darker! i’ve been mostly blonde for about 7 years, but it’s just so much maintenance. if i had all the time and money in the world, i would be super blonde (like i was here), but until i win the lottery my god given color will have to do. once again, laura killed it. if you’re in nashville and need a hair girl, i cannot recommend laura enough!!
you can just never go wrong with jeans and a t-shirt. the cut of this t-shirt is so flattering and a great staple to have in your closet for those days you just don’t know what to wear-which for me happen every single day. its a shame this shirt doesn’t come in multiple colors; i’d have a whole throw on and go arsenal.
ps: i highly recommend checking out the entire fairchild line (here or here). every piece is BEAUTIFUL. i only own this shirt and this star top, but i’ve got my eyes on this moto jacket, this blazer, this knit dress, and this embroidered blouse.
i know what you’re all thinking.
i teach preschool, why would i ever spend THAT much money on a pair of boots?
well, i’ll tell you:
- i’ve literally been thinking about the lowland boots for two years nonstop. i’ve even had more than one dream about them i love them that much.
- i’ve tried on multiple pairs of dupes that looked and felt cheap, but that didn’t necessarily have a cheap price tag. i’m just not going to spend $200 on a cheap pair of boots that i would have to replace in a year. i also considered buying a pair pre owned from poshmark or eBay, but i couldn’t find a pair in decent condition for less than $500, and paying that much for a pair of worn shoes seems crazy to me.
- i follow many MANY bloggers that own these boots, and every one of them says that the stuart weiztman boots last a lifetime. they are truly a timeless investment.
- the specific pair i bought (the trio) are a unique twist on the classic lowland style that seemingly every blogger has. when i saw them marked down 40% on christmas day, i started really considering taking the plunge.
- YOLO and treat yo’self. though a very immature reason, its a good one. my husband and my dear alice both brought up the fact that this is a big purchase no matter the circumstances and that i’m always going to struggle with wanting them versus wanting to drop that kind of cash on them so i might as well just go for it and enjoy the shoes.
- biting the bullet and in investing these boots has helped me really consider every purchase i make and think about my closet as a long term investment, rather than just a place to hold the products of my retail therapy.
i feel like i’ve truly invested in my closet and myself with this beautiful pair of boots (i know that sounds dumb), and i don’t expect anyone to really understand it. however, if you do get it and you’re ever wanting to make a large purchase like this, i will be more than happy to help you pro/con it and search for the best deal 🙂
we’ve all seen (and related to) that saying on instagram, “when an outfit looks cute in my head but when i put it on i look like a potato.” i touched on it a little in this post, but i’ve been feeling majorly uninspired lately (still working on that resolutions post-whoops), and i’m just not loving ANYTHING i put on my body. however, when i got dressed yesterday morning, i actually loved what i had come up with. i got these nikes from the net-a-porter final clearance sale for something like $50, and i cannot describe how much i love them. I LOVE THEM. they’re so comfortable, so unique, and they’re definitely helping me through my style rut.
photos by lauren dickens
this is the kind of thing you can get away with wearing when its 70 degrees in january. i own exactly two off the shoulder tops. both of them are pinstriped. both of them are from j.crew. basically, i bought the short sleeved version of this shirt back in the fall and loved it so much that i immediately snagged the long sleeved version when i saw it in store. if you love something, buy multiple versions of it right?
its crazy to think that these pictures were taken this time last week. i’m not sure what this tennessee winter craziness is, but i don’t exactly hate it because at least i got one snow day out of it. and yes, this is what i wear to go out in the snow because i live in tennessee and i know better than to invest in a heavy winter coat.