the week before vacation always drags, doesn’t it? i cannot express how ready i am to be at the beach on sunday!!! hope y’all have a happy weekend!
- can i just order everything from shopbop’s pool party section? i NEED all this stuff for the beach next week!!
- alice and i visited the draper james store in 12th south last week and i can’t stop thinking about this dress.
- brighton’s closet is the dream closet to end all dream closets. holy cow.
- i dare you to watch the new little big town video without smiling.
- definitely keeping these get out of debt tips bookmarked. credit cards are the best/worst, amiright?
- body image is such a tough beast to wrestle with, and i loved julia’s honesty about dealing with body image during pregnancy.
- j.crew is really on it this season. y’all have gotta check out the new arrivals!! i think this dress is my favorite of the bunch though.
- my sweet friend francesca just started an instagram account for all things essential oils! she’s the one who first got me hooked on the wonders of essential oils, so if you’re interested i for sure recommend following her account for tips, tricks, and more info!
- my current favorite workout.
- following haley’s trip to santorini is giving me major wanderlust.
- i wouldn’t really describe my style as classic…but the new chanel flats are calling to me.
- have y’all ever heard of/played game of phones? a group of us played it at my friend will’s house last saturday night and it was so fun! definitely a great low key game to have on hand for the pool or fun summer BBQs.
- i cannot find a good pair of denim shorts this season. so far this old navy pair has been the only pair i’ve found that mostly work, but i really want a great pair of cutoffs! if y’all have any suggestions please send them my way.
- sweet home oklahoma is my newest bravo guilty pleasure.
- i plan to grab “the woman in cabin 10” for the beach and “the couple next door.” i’ll also probably re read “big little lies” on the trip, too. any other suggestions or must reads??? i read freakishly fast…as in i read “truly madly guilty” in one day 😀
[i totally meant to have this post ready by this past friday, but since life happens, you get fifteen links on a monday]
sorry for the silence lately. after celebrating my birthday, marty and i both got pretty sick, then i had about 57345 things to do last week before spending a few days babysitting this past weekend. and now, i’m gearing up for another busy week ahead as i get ready to throw my girl alice a baby shower this weekend. i can NOT wait to celebrate baby mcflovin and spend the weekend with my bestie pals.
- speaking of baby mcflovin, check out this sweet letter alice wrote baby boy.
- i’m definitely making these homemade funfetti cupcakes that i found on pinterest last year for alice’s shower. SO good and so easy!!
- have y’all been following this fyre festival craziness?! if you haven’t, hallie’s (of among other things) interview explains it pretty well. UNREAL!!
- its a joke that these heinous 90s shoes are coming back…right??
- i’m making this eggless cookie dough STAT.
- if i had the cash i would for SURE splurge on these valentino flats (i don’t think i mention enough how much i love the rockstud, do i?).
- i scored this huge (and perfect) free people tote in the store yesterday for half off, and it looks like its on sale online too! its a great price without the sale, but its just a flat out steal for half off.
- i LOVED this guest post on carly’s blog about friendships. while reading it, i couldn’t help but think about how lucky i am to have close friendships with such wonderful people. i seriously don’t know how i got so lucky sometimes.
- if you missed it on the today show this morning, definitely watch willie geist’s interview with little big town. i definitely look up to the four of them a lot, and their story of hard work and struggle is just so inspiring.
- though i don’t have any children, i so so appreciated erin’s openness and honesty about her struggle with postpartum depression. i, too, struggle with acting like everything is okay and have screamed into more pillows than i can count when i’ve been overwhelmed. i hope that as more bloggers and people who appear to have it all together share their struggles, maybe slowly our culture will change and we can all stop acting like its all okay when its not?
- i was thisclose to buying this shirt yesterday at nordstrom and i’m kicking myself for putting it down. i just think its so so funny and i’m probably going to order it as soon as i’m done with this post..
- i’m glad i’m not alone in not flossing or getting a flu shot.
- following busy phillips on instagram is one of the best decisions i’ve made so far in 2017. her instastories are HYSTERICAL and i just love her so much. especially when she shares realness like this. also, if you missed her “i will not be killed tonight” uber story you must watch.
- i tried on this jumpsuit yesterday at gap kinda on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit. its super comfortable and will be perfect for lazy saturdays this summer.
- these tips for being good to your guests are definitely inspiring me to up my hostess game (also, how good is everything the home edit does?!).
(image from this post)
i feel like i say this a lot but MAN this was a long week. i was starting to wonder if friday was ever going to come.
also, i realize that i say love approximately 76 times in this short post, but i can’t help it. i just really love a lot of things right now!!
- i really need to stop shopping as much as i do. i really appreciated these tips on giving up shopping for lent.
- speaking of not shopping, i just bought this mustache pullover because how am i supposed to not buy wildfox at that price?!
- rag & bone is having an awesome sale right now. up to 75% off so many great things-including my favorite boots!
- i will definitely be using merritt’s tips for trip planning for our upcoming ireland trip.
- i got these lace up gladiators this week and i LOVE them. they’re so comfortable and i’m seriously considering buying another color. i also have these in my shopping cart as we speak!
- i also just ordered these sandals from banana republic’s friends and family event (clearly, i’m on a sandal kick).
- making liz’s healthy peanut butter cups ASAP.
- i am SO into the new FX mini series “feud.” my dad scared the crap out of me as a child with “whatever happened to baby jane” and “hush hush sweet charlotte” (if you’ve never seen these movies i highly recommend them-so scary but SO GOOD). when i saw FX ryan murphy was doing a series about the infamous feud between bette davis and joan crawford, i couldn’t wait. i love history and i love hollywood trivia, so i’m very obsessed. i’ve been reading articles all week about how crazy both actresses were, and this story about their oscars drama is insane. i can’t wait to see what happens in the rest of the series!
- i’m loving the big little lies series, too. since i read the book, i love reading theories about the murder and how the series will turn out. if you haven’t yet, read the book!! the twist is so twisty and so good you won’t even see it coming.
- i really love this neutral look on jess.
- to answer james’s question-YES, i am a homebody.
- i am so incredibly guilty of racking up mindless and useless hours of screen time. really trying to use some of hallie’s tips, starting with putting my phone down and focusing on whats actually important.
- can’t wait to try this strawberry margarita spritzer recipe once it gets warm again (eye roll emoji).
- two of my favorite (and most competitive) friends have birthdays coming up in april, and i’m really considering getting them this inflatable ring toss game for sunday funday competitions on the go.
- this barry’s bootcamp-esque workout is my favorite right now.
(image from this post)
is it just me, or has this been the longest week ever? i’m so so happy its finally friday! i hope y’all have a relaxing weekend. i’m hoping to spend as much of it as possible sleeping and in sweatpants. if thats you’re plan too, i have some links for ya! happy reading!
- when marty and i moved, we opted not to get cable since we rarely watch live tv and almost every network we DO watch has an apple tv app with a live tv option. i was happy as a clam with this setup until i realized that the two channels that show the golden girls do not have apps. i usually spend my sunday mornings watching the golden girls and drinking coffee and i haven’t been able to do this since october and honestly my heart is hurting. thankfully, the ladies will FINALLY be streaming starting monday. thank you, hulu, for being a friend.
- obsessed with this free (FREE!) printable from love & lion for valentines day. i discovered their adorable etsy shop on a late night instagram blackhole and i just love it all.
- anna wrote a very touching post about her grandparent’s love story after her grandfather’s passing. that kind of love is rare these days it seems, and her grandparents story is such an inspiration.
- apparently nashville is getting an indoor drive in theater? who even thought such a thing could exist, but it sounds awesome.
- this bell sleeved button down/leather leggings/loafer combo krista is wearing is my favorite fashion post this week.
- ashley reviewed these valentino rocketed caged flats dupes on her blog this week and now i can’t stop thinking about them! the matte black ones have gone in and out of my cart several times. i just have a hard time paying $100 on shoes from china, but thats probably just me being weird.
- sticking with the rockstud theme, i love these lace up steve madden sandals. i can’t decide if i want them in black or tan (or both :))
- if i had it my way, all my best friends would be in nashville. but because the world doesn’t revolve around me and my wants, they’re scattered all over the place (charleston, atlanta, IRELAND, you get the picture). technology makes it seem like everyone isn’t so far, but i loved reading carly’s tips on maintaining long distance friendships. i intend to find out all of their love languages this week so i can up my long distance friendship game.
- i love the chunky heel on these zara boots. and for $30 you might as well get both colors!
- reese witherspoon and her daughter are twins, seriously. i love this picture of them from the big little lies premiere. also, who else can’t wait for big little lies? the book is one of my all time favorites and i can’t wait to see HBO’s spin on it. not to mention, the cast is INCREDIBLE.
- i did embarrassingly well on this titanic quotes quiz. jack and rose forever and ever, y’all.
- this shirt is currently in my cart at j.crew.
- as someone who struggles with [often] crippling anxiety, i really loved katie’s honesty about hers, as well as her tips for managing without medication.
- i can’t pick a favorite part of this justin timberlake interview. gosh i love him.
- i’m trying to stay away from award shows this year, however, the grammy’s performance line up is just too good.
image from this post.
i don’t know about y’all, but i really could use another good snow day (or 3). nothing too crazy, just enough snow to force us all to stay in and relax for a few days. is that too much to ask??
- did y’all hear that forever 21 is now offering full returns instead of just store credit? game. changer.
- speaking of forever 21, these gucci dupes are amazing.
- i really loved liz’s secrets to a happy marriage. (side note-her little boy charlie is SO CUTE.)
- the asos off the shoulder dress i wore in this post this summer is now on sale for $16 in lots of colors!
- if you haven’t started netflix’s “a series of unfortunate events,” you MUST. neil patrick harris is SO GOOD its unreal.
- loved this rolling stone interview with john mayer about the search for everything.
- really into these elevated joggers mary is wearing in this post.
- brighton’s its okay not to be okay post really hit me in the feels.
- how stinking cute are these valentines day cookies carly made? i feel like i would really fail if i tried, but then again i think these would be adorable for my little class.
- i just bought these boots from poshmark and i LOVE them. they’re a perfect dupe for the acne jensen boot that are so beautiful.
- i had never remotely heard of hygge until meghan’s post. apparently its a danish concept that means a “state of cozy,” which is something i can totally get behind.
- almost made it through this week’s “this is us” without crying, until the sucker punch in the end left me crying. don’t read this mandy moore interview if you haven’t watched the latest episode though!
- political beliefs aside, we can all agree that this is funny right?
- i don’t watch the bachelor, but i love reading alice’s recaps and laughing at that crazy corinne girl.
- i really want to make it to charleston this year to visit my best friend, and i bookmark nearly every suggestion julia makes. most recently added to that list are her 6 things to do on a short trip to charleston.
(image from this post)
well y’all, we survived the first week of 2017. only 353 more days until christmas is here again, which doesn’t seem like too terribly long, which means i can just keep my tree up right?
- if you somehow missed mariah carey’s sh**show of a NYE performance, here it is. also, here’s a great buzzfeed article that perfectly articulates why in spite of her NYE performance, i will still do everything in my power to go see her on tour with lionel richie (spoiler alert its because she’s mariah freaking carey and always be my baby is one of the greatest pop songs of our time and we should all be thankful we have it in our lives).
- i just ordered this baseball hat from nordstrom. i didn’t have to be told twice to buy a $10 hat that will literally go with everything i own.
- john mayer performing one of his new songs “moving on and getting over” at an L.A. show this week is everything. the dancing is too perfect and i can’t wait for him to tour again.
- how to dress to flatter your body, according to science
- the bachelor started again this week. i’m one of four people in the U.S. that doesn’t watch, but i DO read alice’s recaps because they’re the best. i can’t imagine how much i’d enjoy them if i actually watched the show.
- apparently, there’s going to be a $69 flight from NYC to europe starting this year. hope my friends in ireland are ready to host me every month.
- i’ve been having a hard time lately waking up in time to go to the gym or really do any sort of longer workout. if i’m working out at home, i don’t really like to repeat workouts often, and the popsugar fitness youtube channel has TONS of videos to choose from.
- i’ve been curious about the new girl scout smores cookie, so if cookie monster likes it then it must be good. speaking of those delicious cookies-whos gonna sell me some?!
- my best friend and her husband came over for dinner monday night, and i made this incredibly easy meatloaf and raving about it since. meatloaf isn’t an incredibly time consuming meal as it is, but this recipe made it so easy i think my three year old students could make it.
- i loved grace’s “10 ways to be healthier” post. such easy ways to start the new year off on the right foot.
- i recently ran out of this blow dry spray and didn’t rebuy because for some reason i didn’t think it actually cut my blow dry time. big mistake. i’ve since learned (the hard way) that it actually cut my blow dry time in half and i just reordered it.
- i typically hate pink, but kacey musgraves’ living room makes a strong case for it. so dreamy.
- why 2016 wasn’t actually “the worst” and we should all stop saying that.
- old navy is still killing it with the workout gear. i want these herringbone leggings really bad.
- i was looking for a picture for this post and came across this southern living article. since nashville seems to have some sort of cold weather/snow barrier, this southern snow road trip sounds just lovely.
(on a hike to laurel falls in smokey mountain national park in 2010)
- the news of the wildfire in gatlinburg monday night has just broken my heart. so many memories are held in that little mountain town and seeing the destruction is devastating. not to mention all of the families, businesses, animals, history, etc that have been affected by this. here’s how you can help.
- dolly parton is the best human being in the world. read about how she’s helping the gatlinburg fire victims here.
- OF course i watched gilmore girls last friday. i had originally made a silly plan that i was going to watch two episodes friday and the other two on saturday to at least space it a little. but i just couldn’t. cried my way through all four parts on friday. it was SO GOOD. if you haven’t watched yet, do it. and if you don’t watch gilmore girls, then don’t read anymore of this blog and go start episode one. NOW. i don’t always love the lists buzzfeed comes up with for these types of events, but this one is pretty spot on with my feelings.
- john mayer’s new song is on CONSTANT repeat. on pins and needles waiting for the new album.
- somehow its already december. my tree has been up since november 13, but if you’re feeling a bit scrooge-y, here’s a list of the 25 best christmas songs to get you in the spirit.
- i seriously make this cauliflower pasta once a week. it’s so easy and so delicious and i can never get enough.
- every once in a while, i’ll let myself wander over to the net-a-porter website to dream about the day i’ll have all the money in the world to spend on every single piece they have. currently i’m lusting over nearly every sneaker in the sale section. these grey nikes and white adidas are at the top of my wishlist.
- a harry potter pub crawl?! oh i’m in. i’m SO IN. (i want to be a gryffindor, but lets be real i’d probably get sorted into hufflepuff.)
- currently reading present over perfect and its wrecking me in the best way possible.
- marty and i are headed out of town tomorrow for our first vacation alone together in three years!! see what’s packed in my carry on bag here.
- really wanting a pair of mini uggs. preferably one in every color for that price.
- whoa. selena gomez went phoneless for three months. talk about goals!!
- how delicious do these oatmeal strawberry bites look? (also who knew target.com had recipes?! i do now thanks to my girl, alice!!)
- i don’t think i’m a turtleneck person, but with these tips maybe i can be?
- i will leave you with a word from clark w. griswold.