okay so heres the deal:
on our first day of vacation a few weeks ago, marty went to go play golf and i went to the beach by myself. i thought i had done a decent job spraying my back, but since i was all alone and no one was there to double check, i got burned. burned bad. and i also got the worst tanlines in the history of tanlines because my back burned in a splotchy u-shape and the front of my legs burned but the back of my legs didn’t.
so the moral of the story is don’t go to the beach alone between the hours of 11 and 2 because its impossible to know how well you sprayed your back but you also shouldn’t talk to strangers so just avoid the situation altogether.
details: j.crew palm print one piece (this season’s version), free people runaway cutoffs (my favorite)
oh to be on vacation again.
marty and i had a great week in panama city beach last week. we spent the first half of the week with my brother and sister in law, and then met up with my friend kathleen and her family for the last half of the week. it was so great to just sit all day and truly relax for the first time in a while! we ate lots and lots of delicious seafood (of course) and our favorites were schooners and runaway island (you’ve gotta get the dream pie!!).
for this trip, my suitcase was full of easy, throw on and go t-shirt dresses which, as you know, are my summer uniform.
details: forever 21 striped dress, old navy sandals
the week before vacation always drags, doesn’t it? i cannot express how ready i am to be at the beach on sunday!!! hope y’all have a happy weekend!
- can i just order everything from shopbop’s pool party section? i NEED all this stuff for the beach next week!!
- alice and i visited the draper james store in 12th south last week and i can’t stop thinking about this dress.
- brighton’s closet is the dream closet to end all dream closets. holy cow.
- i dare you to watch the new little big town video without smiling.
- definitely keeping these get out of debt tips bookmarked. credit cards are the best/worst, amiright?
- body image is such a tough beast to wrestle with, and i loved julia’s honesty about dealing with body image during pregnancy.
- j.crew is really on it this season. y’all have gotta check out the new arrivals!! i think this dress is my favorite of the bunch though.
- my sweet friend francesca just started an instagram account for all things essential oils! she’s the one who first got me hooked on the wonders of essential oils, so if you’re interested i for sure recommend following her account for tips, tricks, and more info!
- my current favorite workout.
- following haley’s trip to santorini is giving me major wanderlust.
- i wouldn’t really describe my style as classic…but the new chanel flats are calling to me.
- have y’all ever heard of/played game of phones? a group of us played it at my friend will’s house last saturday night and it was so fun! definitely a great low key game to have on hand for the pool or fun summer BBQs.
- i cannot find a good pair of denim shorts this season. so far this old navy pair has been the only pair i’ve found that mostly work, but i really want a great pair of cutoffs! if y’all have any suggestions please send them my way.
- sweet home oklahoma is my newest bravo guilty pleasure.
- i plan to grab “the woman in cabin 10” for the beach and “the couple next door.” i’ll also probably re read “big little lies” on the trip, too. any other suggestions or must reads??? i read freakishly fast…as in i read “truly madly guilty” in one day 😀
this weekend was the best kind of busy.
friday night marty and i went to luke bryan, where i country girl shook it all night long. then, saturday, my bestie kathleen and i threw our other bestie, alice, a little baby shower. anytime the three of us are together is the best time, and its even better when all of our “group” can be there. there are 6 of us that have been friends since freshman year of high school, and i love the fact that we’re all still close.
yesterday, marty and i hosted a little brunch before alice went back to georgia, and when i was planning it i told everyone that it would be super casual and that i would most likely be in pajamas. though i didn’t wear my actual pajamas, i did wear this essentially pajamas outfit. y’all know i love a good flowy t-shirt..perfect for hiding biscuit induced food baby.
details: hat, similar t-shirt, similar joggers here and here, nikes, sunglasses
i promise i steamed this dress before wearing it, but the second i put it on it immediately wrinkled. i still love it a lot and wanted to talk about it regardless of the wrinkles.
i found this dress on a random (and rare) stroll through madewell. madewell has been very “miss” for me lately, so i was pleasantly surprised to find this little number. it has all of my dress needs: light, long enough to cover my rear, and pockets. AND it was a great deal. sold.
also, big surprise, another pair of rockstud dupes. i grabbed the only pair i saw in the brentwood target, and now that i’m looking at them online i’m considering getting them in white too! they’re really comfortable and could definitely pass for these.
details: madewell dress, target sandals
[i totally meant to have this post ready by this past friday, but since life happens, you get fifteen links on a monday]
sorry for the silence lately. after celebrating my birthday, marty and i both got pretty sick, then i had about 57345 things to do last week before spending a few days babysitting this past weekend. and now, i’m gearing up for another busy week ahead as i get ready to throw my girl alice a baby shower this weekend. i can NOT wait to celebrate baby mcflovin and spend the weekend with my bestie pals.
- speaking of baby mcflovin, check out this sweet letter alice wrote baby boy.
- i’m definitely making these homemade funfetti cupcakes that i found on pinterest last year for alice’s shower. SO good and so easy!!
- have y’all been following this fyre festival craziness?! if you haven’t, hallie’s (of among other things) interview explains it pretty well. UNREAL!!
- its a joke that these heinous 90s shoes are coming back…right??
- i’m making this eggless cookie dough STAT.
- if i had the cash i would for SURE splurge on these valentino flats (i don’t think i mention enough how much i love the rockstud, do i?).
- i scored this huge (and perfect) free people tote in the store yesterday for half off, and it looks like its on sale online too! its a great price without the sale, but its just a flat out steal for half off.
- i LOVED this guest post on carly’s blog about friendships. while reading it, i couldn’t help but think about how lucky i am to have close friendships with such wonderful people. i seriously don’t know how i got so lucky sometimes.
- if you missed it on the today show this morning, definitely watch willie geist’s interview with little big town. i definitely look up to the four of them a lot, and their story of hard work and struggle is just so inspiring.
- though i don’t have any children, i so so appreciated erin’s openness and honesty about her struggle with postpartum depression. i, too, struggle with acting like everything is okay and have screamed into more pillows than i can count when i’ve been overwhelmed. i hope that as more bloggers and people who appear to have it all together share their struggles, maybe slowly our culture will change and we can all stop acting like its all okay when its not?
- i was thisclose to buying this shirt yesterday at nordstrom and i’m kicking myself for putting it down. i just think its so so funny and i’m probably going to order it as soon as i’m done with this post..
- i’m glad i’m not alone in not flossing or getting a flu shot.
- following busy phillips on instagram is one of the best decisions i’ve made so far in 2017. her instastories are HYSTERICAL and i just love her so much. especially when she shares realness like this. also, if you missed her “i will not be killed tonight” uber story you must watch.
- i tried on this jumpsuit yesterday at gap kinda on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit. its super comfortable and will be perfect for lazy saturdays this summer.
- these tips for being good to your guests are definitely inspiring me to up my hostess game (also, how good is everything the home edit does?!).