Fashion Items7FAM adidas asos athleisure aviators booties boots christmas cutoffs denim dolce vita dresses exercise fall fifteen links fitbit forever 21 free people gap golden goose holiday j.crew j.crew factory lace up sandals nike nikes nordstrom nordstrom rack off the shoulder old navy rag & bone rag and bone romper running sales & steals sandals sneakers stripes stuart weiztman sunglasses travel vacation wildfox winter zara
Monthly Archives: November 2016
our complex randomly has these ping pong tables down by the greenway and for 25 cents you can buy your own ping pong ball and have some cheap fun. what better way to work off all the thanksgiving damage than some ping pong ya know?!
while i still stand by my stance that black friday is kinda a huge scam, there are some great deals happening right now. AND, most of these sales and deals last through sunday night, which takes a lot of the stress and urgency out of this whole black friday/cyber week situation. happy shopping!
nordstrom: an extra 20% off select sale items. really wanting these OTK boots and these 7FAM jeans for marty. this kate spade tumbler would make a great gift. snagging this kate spade desk calendar for my family’s dirty santa exchange. these curtains are gorgeous. obsessed with these ornaments.
nordstrom rack: up to 75% off clearance AND free shipping until tomorrow. all the free people and wildfox please. also there are lots of great deals on boots and booties and on men’s jeans (i’m rarely impressed with their men’s selection, but it looks like they have some good stuff right now).
gap: 50% off everything
old navy: 50% off (most) everything.
macy’s: extra 20% (which is a macy’s standard really) + lots of doorbusters: i think macy’s is pretty self explanatory, i’m always finding amazing deals on kate spade home goods, free people, and nikes there. but i think the thing to mention here the apple watches on their doorbuster sale! and i’ve looked at the website 3 times today and they’re still in stock somehow!
anthropologie: 30% off everything. i always suggest stocking up on cute and different home good stuff during these massive anthro sales. especially since the prices can be a bit ridiculous there.
j.crew: 40% off your entire purchase. now’s the time to buy all the things from j.crew. seriously. they’ve never run a sale like this and who knows when they will do it again!
so way back in the day when i was in high school and 5’10”, i could not for the life of me find long enough jeans. scratch that, i couldn’t find long enough jeans that were the price my mom was willing to pay for jeans.
all i wanted in my life was to have my jeans touch the ground, and since i was stuck with mostly high waters, i took to my own devices and carefully took the hem out of nearly every pair i owned. so naturally, this undone hem thing is now a trend. go figure.
also-everyone should go buy these jeans. they’re super soft and stretchy but not TOO stretchy. i’ve worn them 3 times since i bought them last week and i will most likely wear them to thanksgiving because they have enough give to fit my giant thanksgiving food baby.
over here fulfilling all your basic white girl stereotypes with my leggings and uggs and red starbucks cup its fine.
for the record, i didn’t curl my hair specifically to roll out of bed and get starbucks in basically my pajamas. i finally made a long overdue appointment with my girl laura for a trim and hair color refresh yesterday and somehow i literally woke up like this. i really deep in my heart want to go back to being fully blonde (you can see a picture here), but the maintenance is a pain and i’m worried all the bleach will cause my hair to break off making me look like guy fierri again (photo evidence here). so anyways, laura worked her magic and made my hair lighter and brighter and i love it. i highly recommend booking an appointment with her if you’re in nashville-she’s the best and the ohana salon is the cutest.
how is next week already thanksgiving?! literally, time goes so fast as an old person. i know it probably seems silly to do a sales round up the week before black friday, but honestly i’m kinda against black friday. haven’t y’all figured out yet its the biggest marketing scam of all time?! prices aren’t that much cheaper! don’t fall for it guys!!
gap is running a lot of great deals right now with a 50% off section, a 40% off section, and then a 25% off code for your whole purchase. i love this bralette-would be so cute and unexpected under a plain white tee. definitely want this PJ set that looks similar to the popular eberjay set. tempted to buy all the colors of these leggings. so perfect with uggs and a sweater this winter! they’re totally out of my comfort zone, but i just bought this pair of embroidered jeans after eying them for most of the season. gap is always running super great sales, so i figured it was a good time to pull the trigger on a trend.
target is always just the best. between cartwheel deals and using the target card they really justify taking all of my money. since we’re still settling into our condo, i’m constantly browsing their home section. right now you can get $10 off when you spend $50 on home items, which is great because there’s about $5000 worth of home things i want right now. i NEED this pillow, this pillow, this pillow, and this pillow (#allthepillows). i also desperately need (not dramatic at all) this fur throw. i grew up using flannel sheets during the colder months, so in a perfect world i could get these for christmastime, but i don’t think marty would be too happy if i tried to put those on our bed. this sheet set is also pretty dreamy (sigh). our condo doesn’t have the greatest lighting situation and we really need a floor lamp to help the situation. i can’t decide between this, this, or this.
i wish i could splurge and get this pair of rag & bone booties. i’ve been looking and looking for a burgundy/maroon/deep red pair of boots for fall and can’t find any that quite work. this is such a beautiful brami/bralette and such a pretty color. i actually bought this hat last year during the anniversary sale, but it didn’t look quite right on me. but for under $15 i’m thinking i’ll give it another shot! my favorite little going out bag for under $20. super cute, kate spade look alike studs for a fraction of the kate spade price. i need a new everyday coat now that its getting cooler, and this one is so classic and perfect with an incredible price tag.
a few weeks ago, one of my friends had a “campfire chic” themed birthday party complete with a cozy fire pit, grilled cheese, and s’mores. clearly i love a theme and ran to nordstrom rack to find appropriate attire and grabbed few things, including this shirt. i ended up not wearing any of my campfire themed things, but i’m still very into this shirt. its long and flowy and i’m thinking it will be perfect for a casual thanksgiving/friendsgiving situation.
if you can’t wear your pizza shirt on a friday, then when can you really? i’ve also worn this shirt for 4th of july (because ‘murica) and for new years eve (because duh). so really its quite versatile and a great investment piece for your wardrobe.
ps-these perfect adidas are actually from the kids section at j.crew. whenever i want trendy sneakers, i always check the kids section because they’re $5-$10 cheaper and you literally can’t tell the difference. people are always shocked when i do this because i wear an 8.5/9, but youth sizes just have the word “youth” in front of it…the sizing is just like mens. my superstars are a youth 6.5, but these are a youth 7 (because they weren’t sold in half sizes) and they’re actually a little big. i’m obsessed with them though, so its worth it to have the extra room.
doesn’t get much fallier than plaid, boots, and a beanie. old navy has been killing it lately. EXCEPT this dress has shrunk a little each time i’ve washed it (by itself, on delicate, hung to dry mind you). i’m thinking by the next time i wear it, it will be proper tunic length. which is fine by me because it’s too cute to give up on altogether.
image from this post.
thought i’d try something new and do a round up of different things that have caught my eye this week around the internet. since its friday, i knew the number had to have the numeral five since five and friday both start with “f” because alliteration is cool i guess? anyways, every blogger does a friday five and fifty seemed excessive so here we are with fifteen. maybe this will be a regular thing? maybe this will just be for this week since i’m working a lot and my photographer husband is sick so i’m trying to stretch photos out? who knows.
- one of my favorite bloggers, damsel in dior, posted the meaning and story behind each of her tiny tattoos. i loved it because each one is completely unique. some were more thought out than others, but each has its own great story. i actually want my own tiny tattoo, but i go back and forth on what the symbol and placement will be.
- beyonce performed at the 50th annual CMA awards. i don’t dislike beyonce, i just sometimes literally don’t understand her songs (i know, bless my heart). so when it was announced that she was performing at the awards, i was skeptical. however, the performance with the dixie chicks was AMAZING and i was so very impressed. check it out here.
- nordstrom is having their fall clearance sale and it looks like a lot of the anniversary sale items are now marked down. shop it here.
- wait, so this snoop dogg/martha stewart thing is legit?
- the perfect sweatshirt for this time of year, and for keeping in a good mindset for holiday craziness.
- i read “love warrior” last week and really enjoyed it. i was disappointed to find this post on the author’s blog discussing her and her husband’s separation despite all of the hard (and successful) work on their marriage that was outlined in the book.
- even though i was in a way disappointed by “love warrior,” i ordered and started reading “carry on, warrior” this week and so far i really love it. it’s a collection of essays, so it’s really easy to grab and read for a few minutes at a time.
- my bestie alice ran a half marathon last weekend because she’s amazing, and i love her normal girl fitness tips on half marathon training. she’s almost convinced me i could run one. almost.
- the election is tuesday. THANK GOODNESS ITS ALMOST OVER. i’m sick of people using facebook and twitter and instagram and everything thats not the voting booth to voice their opinion. the best and coolest and least annoying way to voice your opinion about the election is to vote people!! here are 7 reasons why you should vote in the election. seriously, VOTE. i honestly don’t know a whole lot about politics, but i know that i’m supposed to vote if i want my opinion to matter. so once again, VOTE. and if you don’t vote, then please for the love, keep your mouth shut for the next four years. #endrant
- while we’re on the subject, remember macey hensley’s first appearance on ellen? if she doesn’t get you fired up about presidential history, then there’s no hope for you. this is still one of my favorite things to ever happen on ellen and i tell someone that the cherries are poisonous at least once a week.
- i’m trying to figure out what i’m taking to family thanksgiving this year, and i’m thinking this turkey crust pumpkin pie looks fairly simple. its the obvious choice considering my greatest skills lie in baking and anything artistic (hope you’ve caught the sarcasm by now).
- this buzzfeed article claims to tell you the best donut shop in each state. however, it says that the donut friar in gatlinburg has the best donuts in tennessee and i’m going to have to dispute that. i have had donut friar donuts and though they are very delicious, they absolutely do not surpass donut den. like not even a little. i want to know the methods behind choosing the best one in each state because i feel like they should’ve had me doing this.
- i grabbed this workout shirt at nordstrom rack last week and i love it. it may even beat out my beloved gap ones for fave workout shirts.
- i’ve been having a hard time getting into a gym schedule since we moved. we still have our y membership, but there’s not one really close to our condo so i joined the workout anytime down the street from us and i don’t love it. so while i try and figure it all out, i’ve been doing a lot of at home workouts. i’ve mentioned before in this post, but i love jillian michaels workouts. i recently downloaded this one and i love it so much. there are five different ten minute workouts that you can mix and match as you want. its quick, but definitely not easy. my favorites are the kickboxing blast and booty boot camp. i’ve actually been sore all week from doing the booty boot camp one back to back a few mornings.
- if you live under a rock and haven’t heard the new little big town song “better man” yet, go watch the beautiful video for it right now. its been weeks and i still can’t get over how incredible this song is.
i bought this free people bodysuit during the big shopbop sale for like $14 thinking it would be a cheap way to try out one of these things. so i tried it. and i’m not sold, but i’m not not sold. my thoughts:
1. this specific bodysuit is very high cut. like kelly kapowski in the beach episodes of saved by the bell high cut. maybe this one works better for high waisted jeans?
2. the snaps remind me too much of the onesies of the preschoolers i teach. maybe i should try a bodysuit without snaps?
3. onesies of this nature are definitely a nicer looking option to tucking tighter fitting shirts.
i think i’m gonna buy this one to try and determine a more definite opinion. i know y’all are all on the edge of your seats waiting for my verdict on this.